Learn how to build beautiful & intuitive websites.
A Practical Guide to HTML & CSS has one goal – to teach people how to build beautiful and intuitive websites by way of clear and organized lessons. The guide covers a variety of topics within web design and development, ranging from beginner to advanced skill levels.
A Beginner’s Guide to HTML & CSS is a simple & comprehensive guide dedicated to helping beginners learn HTML & CSS.
- 1 Terminology, Syntax, & Introduction
- 2 Elements & Semantics
- 3 Box Model & Positioning
- 4 Typography
- 5 Backgrounds & Gradients
- 6 Unordered, Ordered, & Definition Lists
- 7 Images, Audio, & Video
- 8 Building Forms
- 9 Organizing Data with Tables
- 10 Coding Practices & Additional Resources
An Advanced Guide to HTML & CSS takes a deeper look at front-end design & development, teaching the latest for any designer.
- 1 Performance & Organization
- 2 Detailed Positioning
- 3 Complex Selectors
- 4 Responsive Web Design
- 5 Preprocessors
- 6 jQuery
- 7 Transforms
- 8 Transitions & Animations
- 9 Feature Support & Polyfills
- 10 Extending Semantics & Accessibility
A Practical Guide to HTML & CSS is led by designer & front-end developer Shay Howe.
Taught in person as part of The Starter League in beautiful downtown Chicago, Illinois.
Refresh Chicago is a community of designers & developers working to refresh the creative culture.
Care to share? Tweet Thank you!